This week I thought I would share a couple of really simple recipes that we have tried.
The first is super easy and great for using up any leftover mash potato.
Mashed Potato Lego Bites
- Blend the leftover mash to make it even smoother.
- Spoon into ice-cube trays (we used Lego shaped ones hence ‘Lego Bites’) and freeze.
- To cook pop the frozen shapes onto a non-stick baking tray, spray with oil and lightly sprinkle on some mixed herbs.
Pop in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
The next recipe is great for using up any leftover vegetables. These would be lovely with sweetcorn or sweet potato.
- First cook all the vegetables you want to include. We used potato, carrots, frozen peas, parsnip and cauliflower. It’s important that you include either potato or sweet potato though.
- Blend or mash all the vegetables together. I mashed as I wanted a slightly thicker consistency as we are trying to get Samuel to eat more textured food.
- Add mild grated cheese whilst the mixture is still warm so it melts in.
- Add 1 egg and mix well.
- Roll a small handful into a ball, coat in breadcrumbs and flatten slightly onto a baking sheet. Make sure you grease the tray or use grease proof paper as they tend to stick.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for around 25-30 minutes turning halfway through.
The Bites can be placed in the freezer before cooking. Just defrost before popping in the oven.